Saturday

Two Weeks and the Banana Bread

The next two weeks of my life are going to be different. My wonderful little family is scattered across the Earth! My sister is in France to ski and my father is in Africa to climb Kilimanjaro, and, it counts for both of them: Again... Not that I mind being alone with my mum for two weeks, I'm actually looking forward to it! I'm very fond of my mum and we've got a lot of things to talk about - Clothes, books, politics, nature, and of course food! But like every other mum and daughter we tend to have fights. They're not bad fights, but if my mum is going to be the only one I can go to in the family, I better stay on her side for the upcoming weeks!
Now, my mum loves banana bread. Not the dirty kind with chocolate and sugar, no, she likes the healthy kind of banana bread, the one with nuts and whole wheat flour.
So I figured I'd start the two weeks with a friendly gesture.
An almost healthy banana bread!
So I went searching the net for something nice. And, oh, did I find what I was looking for! Moist, healthy and sooo good. I had to grab a slice for myself...
The recipe is by wonderful Elise, here.
I can imagine it would be good with her apple-filling too, but I usually prefer my banana breads without all these add-ons, so I left it out.
I discovered Elise's site only a few months ago and I'm bitten! Sweet, varied and low-fat. Does it get much better? I can only recommend her blog!

2 comments:

  1. Banana bread is my fave! Easy to make and so delicious. You have a nice taste in food, and in music :). Wish you good luck with your blog.

    ReplyDelete